Total Pageviews

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Striking It Rich On A Typewriter

The July 31, 1964, edition of LIFE magazine ran this article by Richard Schickel:
(*I do apologise if this is difficult to read, but I'm afraid it's the best I can do. I've had to chop it into sections and bump the images up to try to make it as readable in this form as possible.)


The way to do it: Harold Robbins in 1967
Skipping along: James Michener gets the "Gertrude" prize for Tales of the South Pacific in 1947.
Irving Wallace 1969
Margaret Mitchell
Robert Ruark 1944
Leon Uris
James Michener
Harold Robbins 1978
James Michener
James Michener
Leon Uris 1986
Robert Ruark



1 comment:

Peter said...

"Harold Robbins 1978"- There goes my theory that authors tend to be well dressed when photographed with their typewriters.