Total Pageviews

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Typewriter Furniture: Oh, Wouldn't It Be Luverly?

These are mostly Remington typewriter desks and chairs,
made by the Moon Desk Company of Muskegon, Michigan,
which also marketed this furniture under its own name
(in the Moon illustrations, there are also Olivers
and other brands).
Original Moon typewriter desks today fetch as much as $US1500-$US2000:
At Chris Wolak's Wildmoo Books blog ("Home of the 2012 Willa Cather Novel Reading Challenge) there are images of a typewriter desk at the home of writer Bess Streeter Aldrich in Elmwood, Nebraska:


9 comments:

Richard P said...

The Moon desks are fabulous. I want one!

Dwayne F. said...

I agree with Richard. The Moon desks are awesome and especially fetching when dressed in Olivers.

- a typebarhead said...

I like Bess'!

Btw Robert, I love your blog. You come up with the most fascinating stuff.

Scott K said...

Anyone know a good chippy? Might see myself wanting something like this made at some point. Especially with the typewriter raising from a hidden compartment. Beautiful!

Not that I really need it. I've repurposed a small 1920's dining table as my desk anyway.

shordzi said...

For once these are pieces of furniture I really wouldn't like to have. Maybe I am cured?

Johnny said...

These look great, and are amazingly set-up. I love these "older" looks that I've been seeing lately. I'd love something like this set-up in my office area

Unknown said...

I have one. I am interested in selling. Chriswiegandt@gmail.com

NAT CRUZ PROF said...

Hola, alguien me puede ayudar por favor, quisiera saber como funciona el mecanismo de un escritorio moon 150, esto para repararlo.

Kerry said...

I just got a Moon roll top desk and am so happy to know the name of the "swinging pedestal"! Thanks!